Meditation is a practice that has been around for centuries, and it can be incredibly beneficial for both the mind and body.
WHAT IS MEDITATION?
Meditation is a practice that has been around for centuries. It involves focusing the mind on one specific thing in order to achieve a state of calmness and peace.
HOW DOES MEDITATION WORK?
When you meditate, your brain enters into a state of alpha waves. This is a relaxed state that allows you to focus on the task at hand without being disturbed by outside thoughts or distractions.
There are many benefits to be gained from meditation. Some of these include:
- Reduced Stress: When you meditate, the stress hormones in your body are reduced, leading to a feeling of calm and relaxation.
- Increased Focus: By practicing meditation regularly, you will become better able to focus on tasks and stay concentrated for longer periods of time.
- Improved Sleep Quality: People who meditate tend to sleep better and experience less insomnia than those who do not meditate.
BASICS OF MEDITATION:
There are a few basic things you need to know in order to meditate properly. These include:
- Choose a Place: When you meditate, it is best to find a place where you can relax undisturbed. This could be your bedroom, garden, or anywhere else that feels peaceful to you.
- Sitting Position: The best way to sit when meditating is in a comfortable position with your spine straight. You may want to sit on a cushion or pillow so that you’re comfortably elevated.
- Focus Point: It is important to focus on something when you’re meditating. This could be your breath, a mantra, or a certain spot on the wall in front of you.
- Mindfulness: Be aware of what’s happening in the present moment while you’re meditating.
- Close Your Eyes: It is important to close your eyes when meditating so that you can focus better on your breath and thoughts.
- Breathe Deeply: When you breathe deeply, it helps calm the mind and body. Try not to rush through your breaths - take them slow and steady instead.